1982 FIFA World Cup Spain
- When: 13 June 1982 to 11 July 1982
- Final: 11 July 1982
- Matches: 52
- Goals Scored: 146 (average 2.8 per match)
- Attendance: 2109723 (average 40571)
- Teams: 24
- Germany FR
- Northern Ireland
- Soviet Union
- El Salvador
- New Zealand
Italy (0) 3-1 (0) Germany FR
Poland (2) 3-2 (1) France
Germany FR (1 [1st]) (1 [2nd]) 3-3 a.e.t, 5-4 P.S.O (1 [2nd]) (1 [1st]) France
Poland (0) 0-2 (1) Italy
- adidas Golden Shoe: Paolo ROSSI (6 goals) (Italy)
- Karl-Heinz RUMMENIGGE (5 goals) (Germany FR)
- ZICO (4 goals) (Brazil)
- Zbigniew BONIEK (4 goals) (Poland)
- Laszlo KISS (3 goals) (Hungary)
FOR YOUR INFO
- Champions Italy did not win any of their first three games, while their adidas Golden Shoe winner Paolo Rossi failed to score until his fifth outing.
- France's 16 goals during Spain 82 were scored by ten players, a new record. In 1958, Les Bleus' 23 goals were spread between just six players.
- The Soviet Union squad included goalkeeping siblings Viktor and Vyacheslav Chanov, though Rinat Dassaiev's presence kept the pair on the sidelines.
- His last involvement in the competition 44 years past, Tim, famously rested by Brazil when they were eliminated by Italy, coached Peru at the finals.
- Norman Whiteside became the youngest player to appear in a finals game, turning out for Northern Ireland against Yugoslavia aged 17 years and 41 days.